Saturday, January 31, 2009

Apologies to OmegaT

This blog is only one week old but it's already taught me a valuable life lesson: never put others down in print, because you will look silly when you are proved wrong! (Of course, I could just doctor my last post and delete his comment, but I think I'd rather learn a life lesson.)

After my last post, where I expressed disdain of OmegaT paragraph segmentation, none other than software's developer himself posted a comment that my info was shamefully out of date.

I must publicly confess that I've never used OmegaT. When I was looking for a CAT, several reviewers warned against it for the reasons I described. However, if OmegaT has indeed changed their segmentation feature, I'll be installing it this very night to give it a try.

Stay tuned to find out what happens...